It self combines extraordinary beauty of modern western metropolis with the historical spirit of the former Habsburg Empire. It impresses with its picturesque location and richness of monuments, such as: the Saint Matthias’s Church, the Royal Castle, and the Chain Bridge.
Andrassy Avenue - Gellért Hill
We will start visiting Budapest with going through the Andrassy Avenue. Then, together with a tourist guide we will go to the Gellért Hill from which you can admire a magnificent view on Budapest. On top of the Gellért Hill you can find the Citadel that, just like the Castle Hill and the Danube Promenades, is included in the UNESCO World Heritage list
Castle Hill and Royal Castle
The Saint Matthias’s Church is one of the most important and well-known among Hungarian churches. It is situated almost in the centre of the Castle Hill, near the Holy Trinity Square, and its steeple Neo-Gothic tower makes it one of the most recognisable monuments of Budapest. The Castle Hill, where there are the eldest part of the City and the Royal Castle, is a representative place of the Hungarian capital.
Saint Stephen's Basilica, River Cruise
Walking through the Chain Bridge you will learn about its history and legends. In the past, it was the first permanent link between Buda and Pest. Near the Chain Bridge there is the Saint Stephen’s Basilica. We will also see the Liberty Square, the Parliament, the Imre Nagy Statue, and a haven next to the Margaret Bridge. It will be possible to take one-hour sightseeing cruise during our stay in Budapest.
- 00.01 Leaving Zakopane
- 07.30 Scheduled arrival at Budapest, meet the guide, travel by bus to Andrassy’s Alley, sightseeing: Gellert’s Hill, Castle’s Hill, Matthias Church, Royal Castle, The Chain Bridge, St. Stephen’s Basilica, Liberty Square, The Parliament, Statue of Imre Nagy, landing-stage near Margaret Bridge.
- 13.00 Cruise on the Danube river
- 14.00 Underground transfer to 15th of March Square (Vaci street) - free time
- 17.00 Underground transfer to Heroes’ Square;
- 18.00 Departure from Budapest
- 24.00 Planned return to Zakopane
When do we set off?
- every Tuesday,
- every Thursday in the high season between 12th July and 23th August.
- adults - 205 PLN,
- students/School children - 180 PLN
- Children 4-10 year 175 PLN
- 10% off regular price for the disabled with a valid disability ID,
- 5% off regular price for Duża Rodzina card owners
- + entry fees
The price includes:
- comfortable coach transport
- tour leader
- polish guide in Budapest
- cident and medical expense insurance
- refreshment: sandwicz Subway and water 0.5l.
- Mandatory fee: Tram's ticket 700 HUF; Cruise on Danube 10 Euro.
- Entrance ticket to: Matthias Church - adult 1500 HUF, student and pensioner - 1000 HUF; Basilica - adults 500HUF, student and pensioner 400HUF
- Dinner about 3000 HUF.
1 000 HUF = about 15 PLN
NOTE: You are reminded to take your ID card or passport with you.